Linux System Engineer
Find your best career opportunity and #growITwithus!
The scope is worldwide with teams located in main regions (Asia, India, Europe, Americas) and it covers the production maintenance of the platforms as well.
You will be part of a dynamic team of IT professionals and will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technologies and projects. We combine our global expertise and our local presence to anticipate and adapt to any needs.
The position consists on administration of a Linux platform with around 40k servers, in a banking production environment. Incident management and changes planning & implementation are part of the day-to-day activities. Preserving the required performance for a very demanding service with many critical services running on it. The documentation of the process and production of operating procedures for L1 & L2 teams will be required.
Due to large number of assets to manage, being able to automate the BAU tasks is a key point. Security, vulnerability and obsolescence remediation, proactive improvements, troubleshooting expert, and action plan for incidents are part of the day to day of this position.
- Installing and configuring Red Hat software products and servers.
- Expertise on high availability environments, software products and premises as Veritas Cluster & Volume manager.
- Troubleshooting expert on Hardware and Operative systems issues. Co-ordination with third party suppliers and vendors as well as with the central IT department of the customer. Escalating incidents internally or to 3rd party partners when required.
- Management of SAN and NAS at server side. Annalise of issues related with that.
- Vulnerability and obsolescence remediation, proactive improvements and action plan for incidents are part of the day to day of this position.
- Contingency planning, environment planning, configuration management and other relevant tasks related to the role.
- Maintaining and adapting the configuration of server software and system components lifecycle Management.
- Maintaining and monitoring the infrastructure using different tools
- Tickets resolution through incidents, problems and different requests from the clients or other infrastructure teams
- Leverages Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform whenever and wherever possible (or other automation skills valuable like Puppet for developing and maintaining automation scripts). Designing and implementing solutions, using Git
- Advising the project team in areas such as capacity management;
- Maintaining the relevant documents/manuals describing the system and its infrastructure. Providing training about subject matters in scope to colleagues.
- Active Directory and user management skills are required.
- Participating, on a punctual basis, on specific projects related to your specialty;
- Participating in standby on-call 7x24 (1 week per month).
To succeed at this job, you must have:
- 5 years of professional experience in area of Linux administration.
- Experience in administration of Red Hat Linux, Ubuntu and Solaris with expertise on high availability environments.
- Background in SAN and NAS management.
- Knowledge of technologies like Puppet, Ansible, Git, Veritas Cluster & Volume manager, Python and OpenSVC.
- Knowledge of DevOps methodologies and some Cloud experience will be valued.
- Eager to learn and an analytical
- Experience of delivering strategic priorities within timelines on production environment and support.
- Flexible type of employment (COW OR B2B)
- Internal Mobility Program – enjoy many opportunities for career growth, job rotations, diversity of projects & technologies
- International, diverse, and inclusive working environment – get experience in global projects for worldwide leaders and enjoy multinational teams
- Referral Program – enjoy cooperation with your colleagues and get the bonus!
- 5/10 years NATEK club – we offer long term cooperation and celebrate each fifth year cooperation anniversary with gifts
- NATEK CSR Events & team buildings – enjoy our values: accountability, partnership and expertise and #workITwithus
- Education – benefit from our know how, learning courses and certificates and IT events – be part of community of leaders of the industry and take part as a speaker or a visitor
- Relocation Bonus – reimbursement for moving expenses for out-of-town candidates
- Bonuses for Personal Events – we congratulate you important events of your life: giving birth to children, university graduation, etc.
- MyBenefit (Cafeteria)
- Medical health care (Medicover)
- Multisports Card
- Technical and Personal training
- Language courses
- 1 paid day off for volunteering