- Type of employment: b/d
- Offer ID: PL2081SRB
- Category: Database Administrator
- Place: Wroclaw, Poland
- Minimal level of education:: b/d
- Minimal experience: More than 5 years
VACANCY DESCRIPTIONThe position is within the Hosting Services, Database department which is responsible for providing all operational Database services.
Team of Sybase Database administrators is providing day to day production and development support for an estate of 300+ databases in EMEA. Provide 2nd line value add services such as architectural/strategic/project/application design consultancy to a diverse client base incorporating Front and Back office business units. The candidate is expected to diagnose and resolve real-time incidents, performance issues and execute planned maintenance activities.
The role requires both weekend work and shift working.
DUTIESManage Sybase DB related Incident and change tickets via SNOW
Manage Storage capacity for the assigned Databases.
Work with various stakeholders i.e. platform, storage, N/W etc. during Incident situation and help in restoring the services.
Provide on-call support for Production issues during non-business hours.
Perform DB release management task plus any DB Infrastructure changes over the weekend.
Work with Application team to help them in diagnosing the performance issues and provide solutions.
Manage Problem tasks associated with their assigned DBs and ensure the issues don’t repeat in the environment.
Work with Client on DB Migration, patching, upgrades etc.
REQUIREMENTS1. Knowledge of SAP ASE 12.5.x/15.x, Repserver 15.x, SAP IQ 12.7,15.4 & 16.0
2. Highly desirable skills on Backup & recovery and Replication
3. 5 years DBA experience, preferably as a Production Support DBA
4. Experience of supporting multiple teams within a business
5. Experience of working with multiple projects / task and the ability to priorities