Job descriptionAs a Software Engineer/Big Data senior engineer you will be responsible for the further development of software for complex products and services along the entire development process (lifecycle).
Your responsibilities- You will implement requirements and develop prioritized user stories as part of a team and ensure the quality of the developed solutions.
- You develop complex software solutions for the IT landscape of tomorrow's telecommunications in agile teams.
- As an experienced Big Data Software Engineer, you provide guidance to less experienced colleagues, keep the big picture in mind and thus ensure the implementation of the vision with the team
- You will perform appropriate programming work (coding) and handle the installation and configuration of software for complex products and services
- You create and maintain software documentation
- You take over the conception and definition of system tests and test automation and support team members during error analysis up to error elimination
- You take over the technical last level support also for other teams for the supported systems and services and lead complex projects
- We use the following technologies: Cloudera, Kafka, NiFi, Flink, Spark, Informatica, Unix/Linux, Java, REST, SOAP, PL SQL, DB2 (Unix), Perl, Scala, Python.
Our requirements- Several years of professional experience in the Big Data environment.
- Expert knowledge in technology and methods: streaming processing, ideally with Cloudera, as well as practical experience with Kafka, NiFi and REST.
- Expert knowledge in relevant description languages and (object-oriented) programming languages, Java, Python, Perl
- Knowledge and experience in the classic BI/DWH environment: SQL, DB2 (Unix), as well as with data integration tools such as Informatica
- Knowledge in HW sizing and in solving security requirements, as well as software engineering know-how in agile methods design, architecture, development, test
- Practical experience in using appropriate tools for development change management and configuration management, GIT, JIRA
- Intercultural experience in offshore projects
- Experience in agile methods Scrum and SAFE
Benefits- Flexible working hours
- Home office (currently fully from home)
- Pension and Life insurance contribution
- Private healthcare
- Meal tickets (100 CZK/working day)
- Cafeteria system/Multisport cards
- Up to 5 weeks of holiday depending on legth of employment
- Technical and personal trainings (Udemy)
- Language courses
- International environment
- Personal Event Bonus
- Loyalty presents