Job descriptionOur client is a global technology company supplying systems for passenger cars, commercial vehicles, and industrial technology, enabling the next generation of mobility. Client allows vehicles to see, think and act.
To strengthen and expand the Dublin team, we are looking for a RTOS Embedded Software Engineer. As a RTOS Embedded Software Engineer you will work alongside the design and product groups in order to extend the range of aftermarket devices, creating solutions which cater to a large portfolio of customers across all continents. The RTOS Embedded Software Engineer’s responsibilities include providing the high and low-level designs, implementation, and testing of embedded software/firmware for connected vehicles, monitoring diverse vehicles’ metrics as to reduce emissions, increase logistics performance, and ensure driver and cargo safety.
The RTOS Embedded Software Engineer will actively take the lead in building the next generation of telematics platforms, extending the capabilities of the client’s hardware, and providing a foundation from which different services can be executed.
Additionally, the RTOS Embedded Software Engineer will assist in coaching other engineers, propose new methodologies and technologies for agile development, as well as interacting with the product department to design technically and commercially viable software solutions.
Your responsibilities• Design individual components for a RTOS embedded software platform.
• Define best practices to be followed in development, testing and release.
• Create technical documentation for the design, implementation and testing of software.
• Provide architectural reviews, and feedback. Defining strict quality procedures.
• Investigate and repair present errors related to field-reported issues.
• Lead the product team in developing new features, aiming to produce optimal performance, reliability, and maintainability.
• Take part in the entirety of the release cycle, including improvements of existing CI/CD pipelines, automated testing, and evaluation of field-test reports.
Our requirements• The successful candidate will be educated to a graduate level in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline. A master's degree in these fields is preferred, but not required.
• 5+ years of proven experience in a similar role
• Follow SCRUM development methodologies & lean principles to create world-class software
• Must have a passion for technology with a strong analytical mindset.
• Excellent communication skills (in English).
• Experience with large code bases.
• Fluency in embedded C and ARM build systems.
• Fluency in the FreeRTOS Operating System.
• Proven track history in design of C embedded software solutions.
• Experience in developing for memory and space constrained devices.
• Understanding of networking, communication protocols and peripherals (e.g. MQTT, CAN, SPI)
• Experience in debugging embedded devices.
• Ability to solve challenging problems.
• Display a strong sense of product ownership.
• Understand how to balance the practical and perfection.
• Eagerness to continually learn and improve.
• Ability to guide and assist less-experienced engineers
• Ability to read and understand technical documents (datasheets, application notes)
Benefits• Fully remote work (#LI-Remote)
• Internal Mobility Program – enjoy many opportunities for career growth, job rotations, diversity of projects & technologies
• International, diverse, and inclusive working environment – get experience in global projects for worldwide leaders and enjoy multinational teams
• Referral Program - enjoy cooperation with your colleagues and get the bonus!
• 5/10 years NATEK club – we offer long term cooperation and celebrate each fifth year cooperation anniversary with gifts
• NATEK CSR Events & team buildings - enjoy our values: accountability, partnership and expertise and #workITwithus
• Education – benefit from our know how, learning courses and certificates and IT events – be part of community of leaders of the industry and take part as a speaker or a visitor
• Relocation Bonus - reimbursement for moving expenses for out-of-town candidates
• Bonuses for Personal Events - we congratulate you important events of your life: marriage, giving birth to children, university graduation, etc.
• Benefit Plus (Cafeteria) – use our e-shop with corporate benefits like travel, theater tickets, books etc.
• We take care about you future - Life insurance & Pension plan (PPK)
• Additional Medical health care – on top of standard health insurance
• Multisport Club Card
• Technical and Personal training – we are investing in your skills growth
• Language courses
• 1 paid day off for volunteering – we are supportive in all charity ideas
• Reimbursement of purchase of eyeglasses