Job descriptionOur project is in the middle of a digital transformation, as are the industries we operate in. As part of an initiative to accelerate this process, we will build and scale analytic competence to further develop our Big Data-enabled platform.
Join our team to leverage capabilities to transform our global services across the maritime, energy and life science industries.
As a Python Developer, you will join a team that is transforming existing and developing new digital services and tools across all project industries with a primary focus on the renewable energy sector.
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about building data processing solutions with great technical expertise.
Your responsibilities• Design, develop and support applications and data processing pipelines written in Python (mostly backend development)
• Assist in migrating on-premise applications and APIs to cloud-based solution in Azure
• Improve application security and performance
• Contribute to SQL database design and development
• Prepare automated Continuous Integration and Development pipelines using Azure DevOps
• Cooperate in an international team on a daily basis.
Our requirements• Relevant work experience, of which at least two years are related to building Python applications and data processing
• Python programming skills, especially in areas related to processing and serving the data (Flask, Pandas, Pyodbc)
• Experience with unit test frameworks for Python (PyTest, Unittest)
• Practical expertise in SQL and database design
• Solid English communication skills, both written and oral
• A curious mindset and passion to learn new technologies
Additional advantage will be experience with one or more of the following:
• Test-Driven Development
• Implementing automated deployment scripts in YAML for Microsoft DevOps environment
• Developing and consuming RESTful API services
• Experience with processing data using Spark (PySpark)
• Agile development methodology such as Scrum
Benefits• Attractive salary referring to your skills and
experience (UoP or B2B)
• Private medical healthcare
• Friendly atmosphere and helpful team
• Company social events
• Flexible working hours