- Type of employment: b/d
- Offer ID:
- Category: Project Manager
- Place: Kosice, Slovakia
- Minimal level of education:: b/d
- Minimal experience: Between 2 and 5 years
VACANCY DESCRIPTIONResponsible for managing the deliverables related to planning and executing a Wave Migration (includes migration across/within datacenters, server states, user bases, operating systems, HW/SW versions, platforms, workplaces, delivery teams, etc.). Provides direction and support for all parties involved in the Wave Migration process (client teams, vendors, support teams, etc.) to ensure all requirements are met in preparation for the migration execution window.
DUTIES- Confirms that all data required to plan/execute the Migration Wave is in WAME and confirmed correct, current, and complete.
- Participate in the definition of Wave management documentations and provides feedback on how to improve the processes as the project moves forward.
- Maintains the Playbook (pre-migration, migration, post migration) for each assigned wave ensuring each checklist item is performed.
- Acts as the primary escalation point for all issues / risks identified on the assigned wave.
- Ensures prerequisites are in-place, test-plans are in-place (technical & UAT), technical resources are available, and escalation paths are in-place for successful migration waves.
- Responsible for server migration wave execution of a given implementation depending on project's time/schedule.
- Manage issues and ensure resolution during the Migration Window.
- Manages communication during Migration Window for status emails and/or checkpoints with the client.
- Directs the activities for completing the artifacts contained in the Migration Services process.
- Provides documentation relevant to the update of the overall project status to the Migration Engagement Lead and required information to trigger subsequent migration processes (ESL updates, Monitoring tools, WAME Orchestration Tool updates, etc.).
REQUIREMENTS- 5+ years experience in technical IT (preferably in datacenter).
- 2+ years of experience in Project Management.
- Experience related to datacenter migrations is a plus.
- Has strong technical project leadership capabilities involving virtual teams across regions and time zones.
- Able to deal with complex issues involving customers and vendors.
- Prior experience with application or infrastructure development projects is a plus.
- Ability to manage projects within scope of responsibility.
- Strong MS Excel / MS Project skills.
- Data-management experience as it relates to server migration projects.