The IMM IT Support Engineer / BAU Developer is the mix of support role with small .Net development part (repairs in code).
As the IMM IT BAU Developer you will be part of a team of developers working on several high- demand risk management systems (EPE, IMM Backtesting), tasked with designing, developing and delivering new features.
The role will require interaction with the front office, credit risk office, and product control areas, so communication as well as technical skills are important to succeed.
Project counts expected positive exposure - every night between Tuesday and Saturday goes workflow that counts numbers (input data ->counting->coming out data important for business). Project is for a long time on market - is on production, but still it’s expanded for new code. It’s stack is NET Framework (C#, WWF, WCF), GIT/SVN, MS SQL Server, custom PAAS solution (Kubernetes- like), Jira, Private Cloud (IBM Platform Symphony) and TeamCity/Jenkins.
You will design and implement new functionalities in the EPE and IMM Backtesting projects.You will embrace interaction with business groups (e.g. quantitative near her analysts) and other IT teams.You will be responsible for ad-hoc system analysis and investigation - problem solving.You will understand the current applications and business processes, identify extensions and new functionality. You will communicate design ideas and take part in peer reviews.
In this role it will be needed that once a month you are on on-call that lasts a week – then you should answer the phone 6 days a week for 24 hours. Mainly phone calls are at night. Reaction is needed fast. People call with problems that occurs with the project (eg. bad performance of database) and then you should find where in the code the problem occurs and repair it on your own or with team. During average on-call there is one call a week. All the hours of on-call are paid.
Model of work: now fully remote. After pandemic 60% from Wroclaw office, rest remote (on-calls at home).
Team is based in 3 cities: London, Warsaw and Wroclaw (global team).
As the IMM IT BAU Developer / Support Engineer you will join a large, distributed team. Your responsibilities will include, but not only:
- Providing live assistance for the production workflow by investigating / resolving issues once escalated by ASG (involves an early start rota)
- Escalating issues to the infrastructure team if needed
- Escalating issues to the dev team if resolution involves code review / debugging
- Producing reporting emails (e.g. OLA tracker and trade count analysis)
- Reruns of production workflow in case of critical failures
- Ensuring that any production issue is logged, investigated and resolved to limit the chances of it happening again (BAU book of work)
- Ensuring that any analysis / queries from other IT teams or business stakeholders are addressed (e.g. CVA pricer)
- Testing and applying configuration changes
- Making configuration changes as and when required by business stakeholders
- Making changes to the environment to ensure optimal running
- Working with the Quants to make changes to Pricing Rules, Valuation Rules, adding trade types - Coordinating the release of these items (emergency or planned releases)
- Providing ASG with training / documentation to help them increase the scope of known issues they can cover by themselves or to help them improve the monitoring process
- Developing tools to help automate the BAU activities as well as provide PTG with the tools to help thein in their monitoring (spreadsheets or c# tools to automate manual work)
- Running tests related to performance and regulatory capital impact (Impact Assessment)
- Running tests related to performance (e.g. impact of adding a new counterparty, DMCF updates) - Configuring, executing and monitoring batch runs during the day
- Using advanced knowledge of the workflow to suggest improvements to optimize performance
At least 1 years of experience in Visual Studio, .NET Framework, C#
At least 1 year in production support
Good knowledge of SQL
GIT or SVN
Hands on approach to problem solving by applying creative, logical and analytical skills
Ability to take ownership of issues and follow to solution
Good communication skills, including the ability to actively listen and interpret
Written communication skills – clear, understandable and unambiguous documentation and emails are a part of the role
Good analytic / problem solving skills
Ability to work under pressure / tight deadlines
Technical background and understanding of software development life cycle
Nice to have:
Good awareness of scripting (PowerShell / Bash)
Experience with build/deploy toolchain (TeamCity, Jenkins)
Experience with cloud platforms (Microsoft Azure, AWS)
Experience with containers, PAAS concepts (Docker)
Solid understanding of Scrum and Agile practices
Deep understanding of WWF and WCF would be a plus
Persistence in finding the best solution and being quality oriented
At least basic programming skills – mainly C#, will be useful to understand where the changes need to be applied and how to do them (even though it will also come with experience and knowledge of the system)
Financial / investment banking experience
- Attractive salary referring to your skills and experience
- Private health care
- Additional 23 days/year for contractors
- Flexible working hours
- Relocation bonus and assistance
- Life insurance for consultants
- Transparent recruitment process with our full support (coaching, consulting, clear feedback)