Application Support Engineer with C++ will be part of team based in Wroclaw (15 people including 2 L3 IT Support Engineer – globally there are 7 L3 IT support engineers), that works on development and maintenance of application. Application is used for risk calculation It’s composed 96% of C++, 3% Oracle and the rest are Python/Bash scripts. The system consists of many components running on 120+ production, test and disaster recovery Red Hat servers. Components are written in C++, SQL and Java languages (now 800000+ lines of code).
Team cooperates with London and Bangalore – about 50 people working on the application (international team).
• In general diagnosis and solving problems with application
Diagnose and solve issues within MaRS application
Diagnose and solve issues with Global MaRS application L3 team
Plan and execute application/infrastructure releases and configuration changes
Collaborate with production and platform services teams
Develop, co-ordinate and promote the effective functioning of problem management activities across all of Markit Risk support teams.
Monitor and maintain production and internal environments.
Foster good working relationships with internal teams and hosting providers
• Proven experience in working on application support role
• Knowledge of C++ (at least 5 years of experience in C++) and skills to search and debug issues
• Ability to read and write queries
• Linux experience and in writing shell scripts
• Fluent communication in speaking and writing in English
• Basic SQL knowledge
Nice to have:
• Good communication skills
• ITIL certificate is a plus
• Willingness to learn new skills
• Python knowledge will be a plus
Benefits• Flexible working hours
• Company social events
• Private healthcare
• Multisport card
• For contractors – eligibility for up to 23 additional days
• For consultants - life insurance