VACANCY DESCRIPTIONAs a Validation Engineer, you will be working individually or as part of a larger team, you will be responsible for validation and integration phases of software solutions in the field of biometric identification and authentication technologies for law enforcement and government organizations, including:
• verifying system specifications to meet project requirements,
• system configuration,
• performance tuning,
• system acceptance.
DUTIES• You will communicate with the project manager and client in order to understand specific system requirements for the assigned biometric projects;
• You will analyze the subject, define a test strategy and prepare the test plan.
• You will execute the Test Plan and present the Test Results.
• You will document your activity in form of a Validation Strategy and Test Plan.
• You will be also responsible for the selection of tools and/or development of them if non-existing.
• You will be responsible for the development of automated tests.
• As an integral part of the development team, you will cooperate very closely with developers in order to reproduce, identify and isolate the issues.
• You will provide system integration support for the development and troubleshooting of the system;
• You will deploy the system at the client site and perform system acceptance testing with the client;
• You will document the design specifications, installation instructions, and other system-related information relevant to the project;
• You will provide system knowledge transfer and training to technical support engineers and client’s system administrators;
• You will monitor the system operations to detect potential problems.
• You will resolve system issues reported by the client or escalated by technical support engineers, ensure all reported technical issues are resolved and escalate any product defects to software and hardware developers as needed.
REQUIREMENTS• To succeed at this job, you must have experience in Linux and Windows system administration, TCP/IP networking fundamentals, XML, Web services (REST, SOAP), SQL and UNIX, and Windows scripting.
• It would be preferred if you have Programming or advanced scripting experience - Java, C, C#, Perl, Python, PowerShell; Network infrastructure administration and AIX, HP/UX, other Unix-style OS experience.
• You must be fluent in English.
• We would like someone to join our team who is open-minded, result-driven, with excellent client-facing, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• You need to have a Master's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other computer-related fields.
• Occasionally traveling
WHAT WE OFFER• Benefit Plus/Multisport card (contribution to leisure time activities)
• Pension and Life insurance contribution
• Private health insurance
• Flexible working hours
• Home office (currently fully from home)
• Meal tickets (100 CZK/working day)
• Technical and personal training (Udemy platform)
• Language courses
• Relocation bonus
• Personal Event Bonus
• Loyalty presents
• Team building activities
and many others