At NATEK Poland we are looking for a Big Data Engineer, who will be dedicated to a challenging project in the banking industry. The team consists of 9 people based in Wroclaw, Pune and London and it is growing following new requirements received from UK regulator. It has been decided to move some of IT responsibilities from London to Wroclaw and, as a result, the team located in Wroclaw possesses word-wide recognition and it is responsible for the solution delivery in cooperation with other teams based in London and Pune. The team creates the solution architecture and is responsible for the end-to- end delivery and DevOps. The solution itself uses modern technologies and it deals with Big Data. Currently, team works remotely. Project - Input and output data, applications, working in Agile, communication with the business. Project hosted with using big data cluster, in 2-3 months it will be moved to Azure cloud. Challenges the candidate will face in this role:- Demanding environment with strict deadlines- Team has high visibility across business stakeholders
- Design, develop and modify code based on functional and system requirements.
- Skill in talk with business (what should be implemented)
- Participate in testing process through unit and functional testing.
- Perform development tool and environment design and configuration.
- Support bug fixes, change requests and functional enhancement on the code.
- Validates scope, plans and deliverables for assigned projects.
- Responsible for overall technology direction for the assigned module/project.
- Interact with Design team and Test team for requirements and defects.
- Write reusable, testable and efficient code
- Design and implementation of data processing systems and software
- Implementation of low-latency and highly available APIs
- Support with implementation of user interfacesFollow the change and Incident Management process
- Big Data experience (Apache Spark)
- Unix – basic (e.g., checking memory usage
- SQL skills (Ideally Oracle but any dialect considered)
- Knowledge of agile development processes
- Strong communication skills
- Superb English
Nice to have: Banking Experience, Cloud (GCP/AWS/Azure)
- Attractive salary referring to your skills and experience
- Ability to work from home
- Flexible approach regarding to working hours
- Joining the company that is providing exceptional services for the biggest, international customers with recognizable worldwide brands
- Be part of an open-minded team with strong team spirit
- Private medical healthcare
- Multisport Card
- Life insurance
- E-learning platform UDEMY access
- Personal event bonus (i.e. wedding, childbirth, graduation)
- Internal referral program